Monday, March 20, 2006

Google Frustrations

I have been going through frustrations of getting good SERPs in Google. Google's algorithm does seem to punish newer sites. Almost all of my sites listed high on certain search terms for their first couple of weeks, but then dropped down in the SERPs.

This has had a drastic impact on the amount of traffic that gets to my site and my income. I still get traffic from MSN, but it is only a fraction of the traffic from Google. I am just waiting for the day that my sites start climbing out of the sandbox and begin getting traffic again.

Right now, two of my main sites are generating $10 to $15 a day together with an average of 75 to 100 page views. If these percentages can hold once google starts sending me traffic, I should see my income quadruple from these small niche sites.

No comments: