Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Google Analytics and Blogger Sites

One of the first things that I do when I find a potential niche market is to create a blogger blog. I then add content to the blog for a couple of weeks and see what happens. If the blog starts to take off and get a lot of traffic, I then create a full blown site around the niche.

The reason I like to use blogger sites is that fact that they are easy to maintain and update from one account. But blogger sites do have one major drawback: no built in statistics.

This is where I pair my blogger sites with the power of google analytics. Using google analytics I can view the traffic trends for each of my niche blogger sites. I can see which sites are growing in terms of traffic and where that traffic is coming from. Using this information I can invest my time into the sites that have the most promise and ultimately the highest ROI.

The one drawback is you can only monitor 5 sites at one time with google analytics. For me this isn't really a problem, because I can only keep up with 3 to 5 sites at one time.

This information was brought to you by http://nichevalue.blogspot.com

No comments: