Monday, February 27, 2006

PR5 Ranking in 30 Days - Part 1

Would you like to know how I took a new niche site from PR0 to PR5 in 30 days? Of course, so in this post I will tell you the strategies and techniques I used to take a small financial niche site to a PR5 ranking in its first month.

I used a combination of a targeted external link compaigns and an specific internal linking strategy. Both of these combined contributed to giving the home page of the site a PR5 and the internal pages a PR3 ranking. In this entry I will discuss the external linking compaigns.

External Linking Strategy

I tried three seperate external link compaigns: article submissions, targeted reciprocal links, and link exchanges. I am not sure how much each of these compaigns contributed to the high PR ranking, so I plan on using all three on my future niche sites.

Article Submission: I wrote five original articles within my niche and submitted them to 6 free article directories. Several of these directories allow you to syndicate . These articles were republished on over hundred other sites within my niche, given me hundreds of relevant backlinks. One of the sites that picked up my syndicated articles was also picked up by google news for my main search terms. This caused the articles to be displayed on all sites the use the google rss feed for my niche. I am sure that these backlinks helped with my page ranking, but with google cracking down on duplicate content, I am not sure how much.

Targeted Reciprocal Links: I contacted several sites in my niche and related niches and was able to get links to my site on several ranked pages including a PR6 page from a related site. I provided links back to these sites in exchange. That link page now carries a PR3 ranking, so these sites are now benefiting from the reciprocal links. I believe that these targeted reciprocal links contributed quite a bit of my PR5 ranking.

Link Exchanges: I signed up for LinkMetros free service and manually acquired links to related financial sites. Most of these links were from PR0 pages, so I don't think that these links drove as much PR to my site as the targeted reciprocal links.

Obvious there are other external linking strategies, but these are the ones that helped my site achieve its PR5 ranking in its first month. I am still learning and plan on looking into other strategies to increase my backlinks.

If you have other backlinking strategies that I worked for you, please leave a comment to describe the strategy. This way we can all learn from each other.




No comments: