Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Submitting Articles for Traffic

I have been testing a lot of different techniques to generate traffic to my niche sites. So far the best traffic techinique that I have found for my niche sites is to submit articles to the free article directories.

For one of my sites I was receiving 1 to 2 unique visitors a day from the search engines (site is currently in Google's sandbox so traffic is only coming from yahoo and msn.) I decided to write some articles and submit them to the free article directories to see if that would drive traffic to this site.

Over a month period I submitted 5 original articles that included the site's url in the resource box. With each article submission the traffic for the web site spiked up to 50 to 100 uniques a day for a couple of days after the submission. At the end of the month the web site is now getting 10 to 20 unique visitors a day with several of them coming from sites that picked up the articles. The adsense income for the site went from less than $.50 a day to $10 a day immediately after each submission and has since leveled off to around $2.00 a day.

Even though this technique seems to work it is very time intensive to write a 500 to 700 word article. That is probably why I have been very consitent in submitting articles ;)

I am planning to do some more article promotions over the next month for several of my other sites to see if they will also benefit from this type of marketing.

No comments: